To meet the increasing demand at St Vincent’s Private Hospital East Melbourne (SVPHEM) and to provide improved facilities for our patients, SVPHEM went through an expansion and refurbishment in 2017.
Upon completion early this year, we now have six brand new and refurbished areas to better serve our patients’ needs:
- Day Oncology and Infusion Centre
- Urology and Urogynaecology Unit
- Inpatient Rehabilitation
- Adult Sleep Studies
- Day Rehab Unit
- Paediatric Unit
The new Day Rehab Unit
These new areas were officially blessed by Father Zaher (SVPHM Hospital Chaplain). It was a lovely and intimate session with members of the Senior Leadership Team, builder and project managers, and staff present. It was a delight that a few of our East Melbourne patients were able to join us.
Father Zaher blessing the new areas
The intimate blessing ceremony
Day Oncology and Infusion Centre
Day and Oncology Infusion Services is now relocated to a brand new purpose built area. It’s located on 4th floor, 141 Grey Street, East Melbourne and co-located with the Breast Surgery and Plastics unit.
The centre expanded from 5 to 8 new electronically operated recliner chairs in beautiful, light filled, appointed surrounds. We are now able to provide nearly three times as many treatments for patients as this time last year. Additionally, scalp cooling is also available.
Urology and Urogynaecology Unit
The Urology and Urogynaecology Unit is a brand new purpose built area located adjacent to the urology consulting suites. It provides privacy and quality care in the provision of urodynamics and day procedures.
As part of the expansion of the East Melbourne hospital, we have relocated rehabilitation from the 3rd to the 5th floor. The rehabilitation centre has been expanded from 17 beds to 24 beds and includes all new private rooms with ensuites, a co-located gymnasium and functional kitchen.
Day Rehab Unit
Relocated to its own purpose built area in Gipps Street (St Francis building) providing programs that now cater to twice as many patients as previously. The Outpatient Rehabilitation Program is a fast-stream rehabilitation program targeting patients who require ongoing physiotherapy management following a surgical procedure, cardiac intervention, deconditioning following a stay in hospital, or chemotherapy treatment.
What we offer:
- Individually prescribed strengthening and fitness programs
- Hydrotherapy and group exercise activities
- Reconditioning following treatment including Chemotherapy
- Walking aids, balance and mobility training and stretching programs
- Lymphoedema screening and education
- Dietitian education to assist management of nutritional needs
- Occupational Therapy and education relating to improving safety and independence with performing daily activities at home and in the community
- Psychology education and strategies, such as managing stress and how to use relaxation and positivity to improve your well being
- Advice on self-management of chronic conditions
- Liaison and consultation with external supports for ongoing care and rehabilitation
- We encourage families, carers and friends to support you and be a part of your rehabilitation journey
Thank you to all of the staff who provided input into the various redevelopment projects and to patients for their understanding during the building works.