This week has been a big week for all of us with hospital accreditation. Over the past few months, we have been preparing meticulously for the accreditation.
The verbal summation has just been delivered by the Chief surveyor and the recommendation to ACHS is that we comply with all the standards. Excellent. A more detail report will be forwarded and communicated to all staff in the coming weeks.
It is called an Organisational Wide Survey (OWS) and this means it includes every procedure and process, staff member across the four hospitals. It is a team effort and I wish to congratulate you all for your professional and open approach to the ACHS surveyors. 5 days and 5 surveyors who are dedicated, positive and professional in their approach.
I would also like to shout out for Kim White our Quality and Risk Manager and her team for an outstanding job in preparing us to shine. Karen Clark as the executive owner has guided the process with precision and diligence, again outstanding work.
Upon reviewing all the initiatives we’ve put in place over the past four years to maintain our compliance against those standards, strategies and processes developed to ensure we continuously improve the quality of our service, it made me reflect on all that we have achieved in these few years and I was very pleased to see where we’ve come.
I’d like to take this opportunity to list the top 10 milestones I’m particularly proud of. Of course there are many other initiatives that are equally as significant in making us who we are today, which is why I encourage you to share your most significant achievement at SVPHM in the comment below so that these achievements can be acknowledged and celebrated by all.
- The opening of St Vincent’s Private Werribee in early 2018.
- The expansion and refurbishment of St Vincent’s Private East Melbourne in 2017/2018- new fifth floor, new rehab units, enhancement of oncology services. The opening of Breast Care Centre at East Melbourne.
- Rebranding and expansion of Paediatrics services; St Vincent’s Kids, and the opening of hip dysplasia clinic.
- Introduction of robotic surgery- Mako, Brainlab AIRO and da Vinci.
- The embedding of Think Safe. Stay Safe program, which significantly reduced injuries among staff and doctors, achieving industry best practice and the recent launch of ETHOS Program to enhance our Think Safe. Stay safe program and promote a culture of behavioural safety among staff and Doctors.
- The high specialist engagement and active participation in improving the service of the hospital.
- Celebrating St Vincent’s Private Kew’s 10 year anniversary under SVHA’s stewardship.
- The launch of SVHA Formation program and over 800 staff completed to date.
- Kick-starting Fitzroy’s expansion- obtaining authority approvals.
- The education and staff and management development programs. The opportunity to grow and flourish at St V.
Ultimately it is our care of our patients that is our true success. The love and care of each person and to be treated with dignity. The healing ministry of Jesus.
Please take a bow.